For the past two months, I have been very focused on my weight lifting. Currently, I am doing the Texas Method on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
On Tuesdays, I have a personal training session, which is targeted towards back, shoulders and core. On the weekend, one day will be a yoga class and the other will be a CrossFit class. Thursday is my rest day.
Overall, it’s a very full week but manageable.
The Rx Review recently posted a video from the media conference with the six individual podium finishers at the 2014 CrossFit Games. Each revealed just how many hours they workout each day to get so fit:
- Rich Froning: 6-7 hours a day
- Mat Fraser: 1-2 hours a day
- Jason Khalipa: 1 hour in the morning, 1-1.5 hours in the afternoon, garage gym (quality over quantity)
- Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet: 2-4 hours training, broken up throughout. games season up to 6 hours a day
- Annie Thorisdottir: 2 times a day, 2-3 hours, up to 2 rest days a week
- Julie Foucher: 2-4 hours, games season up to 6, 2 active recovery days a week
As I continue with my training, I am curious what others are doing. How often do you train? How often do you workout?
Fill out the poll and I’ll share the results next Monday, August 25th. And leave a comment below explaining your workout schedule?
Do you think you are going to the gym enough? Are you going too much? Are you doing two-a-days? Let’s get a great discussion going.